Moving into May!

Good morning!

So a little update on us.

We have been incredibly BUSY. Is it just this time of year? It always seems that spring comes and all of the sudden the "to-do" lists triple. Hey, I can't complain. I've been so impatient waiting for this sun!

Troy is just finishing up a project for work that has taken a pretty good toll on his attitude. He has been pretty hard to live with these last few weeks (This will not be news to him). He handles stress very differently now and the control he has over his emotions are... well, minimal. Most days he comes home and just completely loses it. It's really hard to have to handle that everyday when he comes home. I'll be honest, it's draining because those emotions then flood into home life. Troy is known to have unrealistic goals which, at times has been good for him. It's helped him get this far recovering from a brain injury. However, when it comes to work, it's hard to tell him to just take a breath and slow it down, not to worry and just to do his best. Mostly because I don't think the words, "slow", "breath" and "best" ever fall into the same sentence for him. I love him for his drive and appreciate his work ethic. He is an incredible electrician but his brain is often times his worst enemy in more ways than one! His personality to the core is still the same Troy I met years ago. There are just things that are different now. Emotions running wild is one of them. Tack on stress to that and we get a mess. So, if you wouldn't keeping him in your prayers to ease his mind and emotions. He could use a little uplifting :)

As for Brody, he is a handful of perfection. I'm so obsessed with him, I'm sure other moms can understand! Each stage I love more and more. He is so curious, loves to read books, play with his tractors, watch movies and the latest, playing outside. He is the sweetest little boy. I just want him to stay this little forever! He has been getting better with his words. It's crazy to me how quickly they learn and catch onto things! We have the word "tractor" down. It's tractor, everything! This week we have been working on our animal/vehicle noises. My kid is a genius (said every parent, ever). HA! Brody has one speed everywhere he goes and it's always 100. There is nothing I love more then the sound of his little feet running back and forth through our house, often times with a giggle. Brody has taken a liking to Benson. He enjoys sitting on Benson and violently "patting" his head (still working on petting nicely). Benson loves to reciprocate the violent pats with "kisses" all over Brody face which Brody thinks is the funniest thing! Those two... best buds! We are looking forward to summer and spending time at the lake. The kid LOVES water. Shower, bath, washing hands, brushing teeth, truly any form of water involved activity is his favorite.

I don't feel like we live a very exciting life right now which is just fine with me! I've learned, boring is good! Troy takes the cake for making life exciting for us. Just a week ago I got a phone call from him that stared with "so....." in which I usually respond with "what happened?". Typically hearing his voice calms me down enough to still think straight but I knew something happened. This time, he hit a deer. Ok, he hit a deer. Not really that big of a deal but he had just made it a year with no accidents. Can't say that anymore! He had to remind me earlier this week that he "almost died 10 years ago". (He was in a pretty severe car accident when he was 16) Yeah, he's  truly almost died many times. Troy and his nine lives. He's getting to the point where a bubble needs to be made to preserve his last 4, or whatever it is he has left. He has given me my fair share of  gray hairs in the last (almost) five years of marriage. Yes, five years. Time sure flies when your wrapped up in life!

We have been in the painfully slow process of selling our home and getting into our new home. This whole process started in February. To say we're ready to be out of our current home and into our new home is the worlds greatest understatement. We're very excited to finally be settled and enjoy the summer with a nice big yard to play in. Living out of boxes is tough, especially with toddler who loves to unpack!


That's all on our home front! Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.