walk down memory lane.. ICU style

I wish I had a instruction manual for my life. Telling me what is wrong and what's right; what I should do, or shouldn't. I can't say I have felt really frustrated since the hospital/rehabs stays. Today was just one of those days. I get frustrated with myself because I feel like there is so much to be thankful for, why am I frustrated? I wish I could sit in my own bubble with Troy and just be a loner. I feel life would be so much easier. It probably wouldn't but life is so annoying sometimes. I'm thankful for new days, days were we have the choice to start over! 
We had a fun night tonight and went back to where it all kind of started, the Spectrum ICU. It was a strange feeling walking in, holding his hand. It was so fun to see all the nurses faces when it clicked that this was TROY! It wasn't busy so we were able to go in the room where he stayed and show him around. It was so nice to be back in such a different position; walking with Troy and seeing an empty room. The room was pretty big without a ventilater and blanket cooler (oh and all our stuff!) We showed him the waiting room, the couches we slept on and tables we ate all our meals at. So many memories there, not necessarily good ones but it was fun to play show and tell with him for a while. We missed out on our favorite nurse, Nature, it was her last day before having her baby! We were bummed but we will just have to come back another day! 

We took a picture by the Christmas tree in Spectrum as we toured around the hospital. 

Other than that the only new thing with us is Troy is getting really good at games. I hate games, all of them. I have only been playing them because Troy needs too. It was OK when I could beat him but I just can't anymore. Phase 10 will be the death of me! I'm fact I didn't make it past phase three tonight because I was so frustrated Troy was on phase nine with hardly any points and I was racking up the points like it was no bodies business.
Wednesday, Troy has a CT scan. Getting geared up for his next NeuroSurg check up with Dr. Vitaz! I'm interested to see his CT scans from the beginning, now that I know he is better. I think they would be a little terrifying if I saw them right away. I'm hoping they see lots of improvements! They said before that CT and MRI show certain things but nothing will tell is the way Troy will heal except for his actions and improvements. So far, I'd say he is doing great! I'll be excited to share that update! I think it will be a good one. As Christmas comes along, we are getting busier. I'm extra excited for this Christmas! I am so thankful to spend all of Christmas Day with Troy, just the two of us! I'm going to have a whole fun filled day planned, I have been itching to plan something. I love doing special things with Troy, I've done them since we have been dating. Although, when we dated it was more of a card board table set up in  my parents basement with a candle and a fun, 'get to know you game'. Those were always my favorite! 
Tomorrow is another day of therapy, looking forward to being done with those! I think Troy is too! 

Comments

  1. I have been following you for some time now (I don't remember how I found your carepage) and I have never commented before but when I saw "Nature" I had to comment! She is my sister in law! What a small world. She just had her baby girl yesterday! I am going to tell her I read this! How crazy! I've enjoyed following your journey and reading of God's goodness to you. I continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world!! Tell her congratulations! You have quite a sister in law! :) were so happy for her!! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I told her! She was very happy to hear how things are going and says hello :) (and yes, she's pretty awesome! one of the most special people I know)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.