New beginnings

Where to even start. 

First off, sorry for the lack of updates. I have been obsessively hanging out with my kid because well, I'm obsessed with him. I keep telling myself that I have to get it out of my system now before he is a teenager and wants absolutely nothing to do with me. But that won't actually happen because I'll be his best friend forever. 

Seriously though, if there was an award for best baby ever, Brody would get it. The kid is so laid back! Sometimes I feel something must be wrong with him. I woke up to him this morning pulling the blanket over his face and then laughing uncontrollably, at 10:15AM! I'm very seriously considering being done at one. Just kidding, but kind of not. 

Brody is 6 months old already, I don't know when or how that happened but it did and now I want to cry. I've always felt that as I've gotten older the years go by faster. But then you have a kid and it literally is like living life in fast forward mode. Someone press pause already, I feel like I'm missing everything!! 

He is just beginning to sit up on his own. However, when he gets excited he loves to throw himself backward. Lord knows we already have one too many head injuries in the family so mom/pillows  are always close behind. He has become a major chatter box. A lot of "dadada" which I very closely follow with "no, say mamama". This past Sunday, also Mother's Day, was the first time he said "mama" clear as day! In church, so the Lord and all His people as my witness! Best Mothers Day ever!!

He always sleeps through the night, has two teeth, has started on some baby food which he is getting the hang of. He puts everything in his mouth and chews on your fingers. Loves watching TV and listening to the Disney channel on Pandora. He giggles constantly and eats his toes. He's growing out of his clothes faster than I can buy them. His legs are forever long and none of his pjs fit his feet. He splashes all the water out of the tub during baths and pees in the tub every single time. He could not be more perfect. We just love him to pieces! 

As far as things go with Troy it's been quite, do I dare say? Uneventful. For the first time in a very very long time I feel like we have kind of reached our new "normal". At his last appointment he was let go of any lingering restrictions. He is back to being a Journeyman, working  10+ hours a day and some Saturday's. That's still a lot for him, as it would be anyone! There are some things that have stuck around like his twitching when he is tired. It's usually just his left hand that goes a little crazy. Whereas before it would be a whole body fiasco. He still has trouble word finding which can be quite entertaining. I find him more of a genius for the words he comes up with for certain things! Now I'm wishing I remembered some examples. And who is the one with the head injury? 

I have recently battled with the comparison game. What is different about Troy now? What do I miss about the old Troy? It really became quite consuming in my head. It was very frustrating for me not remembering how things used to be before the accident. I only remember the Troy now. Then I read a quote that put everything into perspective. "We never stay the same, head injury or not." I then began switching my train of thought. I'm 100% sure I'm not the same person I was before the accident. The following year was the hardest year to get through. I struggled with who I was and what my purpose was in life and really did some damage along the way. I pushed people under while I was trying to keep my head above water. 

Troy has also had a rough go of it trying to find his identity. He felt he no longer was good at the things that made him who he was. After an injury like that it's hard not to become your own worst enemy. You find faults in yourself that no one else sees and you hold onto them. In your mind your damaged. In everyone else's your a miracle. Were really working hard to hold eachother up in this journey. We have both come a long way but we also have a lot of areas that we can better ourselves and relationships! Our journey has been rough at times but I truly believe it has put us in a much better place and taught us so much! 


2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


On a lighter note. Look how cute our kid is. 










Comments

  1. Sayın blog yöneticisi bloğunuzu çok beğendik ve önemli bilgiler veriyorsunuz. Bosch Kombi Servisi olarak uzun süredir bloğunuzun takipçisiyiz.Başarılarınızın devamını dileriz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aa ne tesadüf bizde Bosch Servisi olarak çok beğendik. teşekkürler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me.
    demirdöküm yetkili servisi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.