Love

It's incredible how we can harbor so much love for such a small person. The kind of love that literally oozes from every pore. No one can prepare you for the ridiculous amount of love you will feel for your children. A love unlike any other.

Becoming a mother has been the absolute biggest blessing of my entire life. I have always dreamed of the day I would welcome my own kids into this unpredictable world. There is no accomplishment greater for me, than my son. He is my world. Life has surely changed the last two months and although there are occasional sleepless nights and endless crying. I wouldn't change one single second. The moments seem to quickly slip away and time goes by too fast. One of my biggest regrets after Troys accident was not having enough pictures and videos that I could watch during those long days. I'm finding myself capturing as many moments as I can of our sweet boy. Each stage of life brings its excitement and challenges. I want to embrace them all as much as I can. 

Brody has been learning and growing so much the last two months. The thought of leaving him to go back to work soon makes me sick to my stomach. I want to spend every second with him so I can smoother his sweet cheeks with an abundance of kisses. 

He has been holding his head up, finding his voice by cooing and grunting, smiling, eating great (5 oz every 3-4 hours), kicking like crazy (future soccer player),  and sleeping great (most nights). We are beyond spoiled with such a well tempered little boy who has the personality of his daddy; easy going. Although the overload of snuggles has made him quite needy for mamas arms we still find a way to get things done around the house (thank the Lord for the ergo carrier). He loves listening to the Disney channel on Pandora and being sung too. 

He made his way to church for the first time on Christmas. Unfortunately he was born during the peak of cold and flu season. According to the pediatrician church and meijer are the big "no-goes" for newborns especially during the winter months. Being able to go on Christmas was an experience that meant more to me than I really thought it would. I quickly became aware that it is our responsibility as Brody's parents to introduce him to Jesus and to raise him to love and serve Him just as our parents have done. What a huge responsibility! I'm so grateful for the family I have to help guide him (and us) along on his journey of faith. 

His has his two month appointment coming up and to my knowledge, that means shots. My mom always told us "if I could take your pain away by having it for myself, I would". I completely understand now. There is nothing that hurts a mamas heart more than your babies hurting. Can't wait for the shots to be in the past! 

As for Troy. He has his second neuro pysch test scheduled at Mary Free Bed coming up February 3rd. Thankfully, we were scheduled with the same Doctor, Dr. Sara Strong (not the OBGYN:) ) this means it will be a shorter test! Six hour was way too long last time so we're grateful for that! It shouldn't take long before we can review the results with Dr. Vandenberg and we can see what the next step is. Troy and I are really hoping for good enough results that the doctor considers him going back to Journeyman status but we have learned patience is key and to not expect anything. Prayers would be appreciated for Troy in the weeks leading up to this test for him that his nerves calm and he is able to thinking clearly and concentrate. As always, we will keep you posted on the results of the test and any other happenings of the Bosch household. Hopefully there are few, we like to be low key and boring. We have had our share of excitement to last us a lifetime! 

A few pictures of our sweet boy, because how could I not? 
I could just eat him right up! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.