Brody Bosch


I've been a bit behind in updating. To my defense, life got a whole lot busier after multiple hospital stays  and then finally welcoming our son, Brody Lee into the world. Between nap time, feedings, diaper changings I found a blog wasn't high on my to do list. 

We will start with the more important topic; Brody! 

He was born on November 5 at 12:06 pm weighing in at 8lbs on the dot and 21 inches long. He is absolutely perfect. We couldn't imagine life without him. We are head over heals in love! 

After struggling with high blood pressure for a few weeks I started having symptoms of pre eclampsia and was induced on Tuesday, November 3. I had just been at the doctors office for my weekly non stress test and was told to go in for blood work. This happened to be a weekly occurrence and I was getting pretty sick of the overnight hospital stay to be monitored so I was happy when I thought I had talked them into just getting blood work done and heading home. Well, when I got home Troy was in a panic with bags packed saying we needed to go to the hospital to have a baby. I was a bit taken back because I didn't believe him, I thought he had his facts mixed up. But, I called in and sure enough they wanted me to come in ASAP. We finished packing our bags and headed in. I didn't have a whole lot of time to process everything so I was just rolling with it. 

As I walked into a room in labor and delivery the doctor was waiting. She said, "I don't really care what the lab work says, were getting this process started because were not going to chance it anymore." I was started on Pitocin and Magnesium Sulfate (aka worst drug ever). We were warned that the combination of these drugs sometimes makes the labor process longer. And they weren't lying! Wednesday morning came and so did the worst headache of my life. Never have I considered a head amputation but I did then. I was so miserable, nothing was helping and the doctors were giving me the free card for a c section. A c section wasn't my first option but I seriously considered it for a while. I thought, if I can just make it a few more hours maybe I'll feel better. I said that a lot and it never got better. They finally gave me a drug that knocked me out for the remainder of the day. Best sleep I have had probably, ever!

 That night they broke my water and not much longer after that the contractions really kicked in. Might I add, they are NOT as bad as they portray them in the movies. On the other hand , I may have been so sick of waiting I didn't care about the pain! One thing I had planned early on was getting that epidural. I ended up getting one later that night and that was a nightmare. Apparently the lady couldn't figure out the anatomy and poked 4 too many times. It's a good thing my contractions were as bad as they were and only a few choice words were said. I was one missed poke away from doing it all natural. A bruised and (still) sore back later she finally got it. 

Thursday morning came around and I was SO ready, I had been limited to only water and ice chips this entire time, since Tuesday. I was starting to have some crazy cravings which I had hardly any of throughout my whole pregnancy. Chinese and peachos were too be had as soon as this baby was out of me. I don't remember the whole time frame of Thursday but I didn't push for long and out came our beautiful baby boy. Seriously guys, best day of my life. If I could do it over again I would right now. For all you nervous, first time moms, enjoy it because it really is the more incredible, indescribable experience I've ever had. Poor Troy wasn't thrilled when I told him he was in trouble, I would have 12 kids if he let me :) 

Unfortunatly, with being a bit early he had some bilirubin issues and we ended up spending the first two weeks of his life on and out of the hospital. He also had a hard time eating at first. All has corrected, even his eating. He eats like his dad. He will eat until he pukes, stinker! 

Were adjusting to life at home great. Troy is so helpful and I can't imagine there being a more helpful guy. He has gone above and beyond to be the biggest supporter of both brody and I. Were so lucky and totally spoiled by his love. 


Introducing, the cutest little boy alive; Brody Bosch.






Comments

  1. Awwww. he's so cute! Thanks for the pics. I've been patiently waiting to see him! Enjoy your little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! I was so looking forward to hearing about Brody and how it was going. He is so beautiful. That pic of Troy holding him melts my heart. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.