Cooler weather

I'm ready for some cooler weather; weather that requires coats (that won't zip) and boots. My favorite! I've had my fall decorations up for a while, my impatience seems to get the best of me every year.
 We missed our annual apple picking last year so we made up for it this year and got a bunch! Troy requested only honey crisp this time around, I won't fight him on that. Honey crisp is our favorite and we have already made a few batches of grandmas apple crisp! Yum! That stuff sure doesn't last long around here :) 
Troy put in his first ten hour day this past week. It seemed to go well, like most people, he was pretty tired when he got home. He popped a squat on the couch and that's where he stayed for the majority of the night. Heck, I'm not sure I would get up either after a 10 hour day and I have a perfectly healthy brain :) 
I have been picking up lots of shifts at work and funny thing, I started swelling like it was no ones business. I think my body is telling me it's time to start slowing down but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. We're down to less than 8 weeks and I'm bound and determined to have my nesting instinct kick in. That hasn't happened yet. 
It's about once a week that I open the door to the nursery but end up just shutting it. There are some things that need to be done yet but I just don't have the energy to work on it. Plus bending down and picking things up is kind of a nightmare.
 I get a lot of comments at work about my belly. I hit a new all time record low of only THREE patients asking if it was twins today. I'm still debating on just wearing a tag that yes, "yes I'm pregnant, no it's not twins". But thanks! Troy even asked today what the chances were that the ultrasound missed one I said, "SLIM, very very slim!!! I'm positive I only feel one in there!"
The last baby check up we had they said the baby was measuring a bit bigger than average. I asked if that meant they actually had my due date wrong and he would be here earlier. Apparently it just means I'll have a large baby. Awesome! He has been quite the mover lately and loves to hang out in my ribs which hurts... A lot!  

I had written about our issues with getting Troy's prescriptions from Mary Free Bed in the past. I was so frustrated and we ended up just driving out to get them. This past week Troy sent me a text that said, "you will never guess what I found in my truck". I responded with, " a moldy sandwich or a dead animal?" There is a reason I don't ride in there, it's a pit. Nope, low and behold, the missing prescriptions were in his truck. Someone must have gotten the mail and then forgot to take it inside. So, we should be set for a while with concerta! :) silly kid! 

Not much else is new here, which we like. Boring is good! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.