Bad judgement.

I survived day one back to work. I can't say my shoulders have ever hurt so bad in my life. I was a little tense to say the least. I had told Troy that I wanted him to call or text me every once in a while. Of course, as you can expect he said, "don't plan on it". I was really worried about that. For my anxietys sake I really needed him to communicate with me throughout the day. Troy lives to give me grey hairs, that I am very certain of! To my surprise, he did really good today keeping me informed that he wasn't dead or dying! Yes, that is what I worry about. Lets just say, you wouldn't be surprised why I don't sleep if I told you how I think. I think we call that a real bad case of... Anxiety. 

Troy finally has his EEG scheduled. Next week Tuesday is the big day! It will be a two hour "procedure". I'm very curious to see the results! And then, we have our doctors appointment with Dr Vandenberg at Mary Free Bed on Friday! Whoa! What an exciting week! Hopefully after next week we will have a lot of answers in regards to our next step. The OT today said she is going to refer Troy to a neuro optomologist to get his vision checked. She said both eyes aren't great and he has been having issues with depth perception. All of this came from the conversation of getting Troy driving again. He is very vocal when riding with me, usually telling me to go faster, turn, or "go". Most of the time, his judgement is terrible! I typically say, "that is another reason your NOT behind this wheel!". This morning he told me to pull out in front of somebody because they were "at least a mile away" (not even close!). If I would have pulled out I defiantly would have gotten hit! That brought up the issue of his depth perception. Obviously, it's off. 

As we completed the rest of Troys driving screen for Dr Vandenberg they also tested reaction time. Putting him in a pretend car with a gas pedal and brake. They would calculate how much time it took for him to see a red light and then push the brakes. They want to see the time less than .75 seconds. He actually did surprisingly well with a average speed around .78. He answered a list of questions regarding tickets (that was comical - he has had a few), previous accidents, and a bunch of other things. At this point I'm very against Troy getting behind the wheel. As much as he seems totally with it, his judgement well... It sucks. He has always been the guy who can get talked into anything. Unfortunately he hangs around with people who love to egg him on. Which makes him the target, often. If it would be my choice I would stick him in a closet and keep him there forever. But, he has to live life. I just wish everyone understood how important his health is now. I came way to close to losing him and I'm not interested in doing the last three months again. I know for a fact, Troy doesn't! I think Troy is going to come with an instruction manual now. 

Here are some picture from therapy this morning.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.