We made our way to Spectrum this morning for an appointment with Dr Vitaz. I must say, GR feels like home now. I know my way through Spectrum like it's no bodies business! We got there early but got in right away. I filled out his questionaire (becuause he always refuses to do it). It's a long list of symptoms sectioned off into different body categories such as; endocrine, neuro, urinary, etc. We didn't circle many off them which is a nice feeling! I did mention to the PA that Troy twitches on his right side when he gets tired she said, I'm going to go look at his CT scan and talk with the doctor. That made me nervous. I couldn't think of what they could be thinking. Next thing you know Dr Vitaz was in the room. He explained that he was concerned that the twitching might be related to seizure like activity. We knew that because he had a severe brain injury he would be at a very high risk for seizures. The doctor said that things such as watching TV, looking at your phone or computer and even when you are very tired you are way more likely to experience a seizure. So, we will have an EEG scheduled coming up sometime soon. I'm really hoping it doesn't show anything alarming. We just would rather be safe than sorry. He will also have another MRI. He had a CT the other day but a CT wont show much of the actual sheering injury. The CT was more looking for any blood left of the brian from his bleeds or any new areas of concern. Thankfully that showed up clear! 
So, we wait again for our next appointment. Not sure which type of EEG they will order. While he was in the ICU he had a four hour EEG. Hoping it won't be that long but we will do whatever we need to do to figure things out! Then, we meet with Dr Vandenberg in January. I'm praying we can get a date set for Troys neuro pysch test and get him into driver rehab through Mary Free Bed! I'm so glad the holidays are over and we can get back on a schedule. I'm excited and so incredibly nervous to go back to work next week. We have gotten to the point where we need to have separate time. Were driving each other crazy. I wouldn't be worried if I knew he would follow the rules. However, Troy isn't one for following rules therefore Kelsey has stress ulcers! 
Please pray that the EEG results come back negative for seizures! 
Troy has impressed a lot of people with what he can do. We ventured out and we got him to bowl! He did so good! For a normal person bowling might be tough; it takes a lot more corrdination and balance that you think. Troy did awesome, although he will tell you otherwise. He is way to hard on himself. He also went golfing on Christmas with the guys! Not every year can you get golf clubs for Christmas and use them the same day in Michigan! His swing is a little slower and he isn't quite as strong as he was before but he will get there with time. As far as I'm concerned he is a rockstar! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.