The sad life of...

Two months ago today, we were hours away from starting one of the most stressful, uncertain, fulfilling journeys we have had yet (here I am talking like we have been married for 60 years...). Our journey continues to be well, quite a ride. I'd say were doing pretty good considering the circumstances. Troy is exceeding everyone's expectations as far as recovery goes. I mean, the kid is a fricken rockstar so I can't say I'm surprise at how fast and perfect his recovery has been. I've learned a lot over these last two months but I think I've learned the most about Troy. He has always been great but, I can't even describe it. The kid is a genius. The more I think about it, the more I am believing I'm a toal idiot. I have lost the ability to keep up with Troy while we were in the FIRST rehabilitation center. Yes, the place he still has no recollection of. Cool. He keeps complaining about how he is so annoyed he can't keep himself together when he starts laughing. I've had that problem my whole life! I'm really starting to wonder if I was dropped as a child! 

Today's therapy was ridiculous. The things they make him do are so high level, sometimes I wonder if he really needs to be there. They had him jogging backwards, kick boxing, biking, etc. Physically, Troy is in pretty great shape. His strength in everything, other than his left ankle, has come back almost back to "normal". Now, normal range is more than likely a little on the low end for Troy. Not to brag but... he has some pretty crazy strength! He likes to refer to it as his "old man strength". He is defiantly not there yet but, he will gain that strength back with time. He needs to get back to work and all of that will come back pretty quick. He has been so easy to be around lately. He has finally gotten to a point where he gets it. He understands that he can't to back to work for a while, he understands he has limits. It's made life so much easier. I don't have to worry he will try something he shouldn't. I thought to myself today that I don't tell Troy nearly enough how proud I am of him. He is doing so good and he has worked so hard to get to where he is today. Doing all these things cannot be easy. It's probably extremely frustrating and yet, everyday he has a great attitude. He is handling everything so well and he is such a trooper. Truly, so proud of that man and all of his hard work! 

We have a very fun day planned for tomorrow! We are going to meet a very special group of third graders. They have become some of our most faithful prayer warriors. There is just something about a child's prayer, a child's faith that's just out of this world, cool. Their at a point in life where everything is simple. Their life is full of imagination and anything is possible for them. Something I wish could follow us throughout adulthood. Nothing seems simple anymore. Life kind of sucks some times and simplicity is no where to be found. I have learned that you have to look at the whole picture. Does your good outweigh the bad? Probably. Don't get caught up with bumps in the road. Move on... Why spend time dwelling on something when you could be spending all that time focusing on some thing POSITIVE! Like the Bible says, "let tomorrow worry about itself". 

I was able to get out tonight and spend some time with a great group of girls. I won't lie, I was really excited to get out of the house and put on something other than sweatpants and a sweatshirt, REAL clothes! Not only that but I went out into the REAL world. Who knew people actually still go about their normal lives! I don't often... No, I should start over. I never get alone time. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with Troy, I wouldn't change it for anything. I literally don't know what to do with myself without him now. My life is all about Troy, what does he need, how can I help him. I don't mind, I love taking care of him. It's easy. Being alone is so strange and unnatural now. Tonight, instead of constantly trying to get the temperature perfect in the car (he is picky) I was able to turn the radio on as loud as possible and sing along to, "I'm So Fancy" and Taylor Swift. (I can't believe I just admitted to listening to T-Swift). Yes, my life has turned into excitement over jeans, wedges and taylor swift songs. Sad. I love my sad life, lived in sweatpants and curled up next to my love watching the same ole lame shows he likes. I would not change a thing. I would feel pretty confident saying my life is pretty close to perfect. I have all I need, right here. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.