Swinging clubs!


Well, we did it. I finally was able to get Troy to try and swing a club and guess what? He did it! It sometimes feels like pulling teeth to get him to do stuff when he has the 'I can't do it attitude'. It's so frustrating but when I get him to do it he opens up and feels like he can do anything. For days now he has been saying he is too slow for this or not good enough for that. Today it was a lot of, "I feel great, I'm doing so much better!" I love when he has this attitude, I just wish he had it more often. 

Our first Christmas party went great. Typically when Troy is around a lot of people he starts twitching uncontrollably on his right side. The twitching started right away so he snuck away and took a quick nap. It's so strange. His nap could be 5 minutes or it could be 2 hours long. Either way, he will feel rested and the twitching will stop. He has early morning therapy again tomorrow then he has a whole week off! We will have a busy week and lots of naps. It's bad enough that I'm starting to rely on them too now. 

Troy has been doing much better with sleeping. Me on the other hand, my sleep schedule has gone down the crapper. I don't know what the deal is. I'm awake all night. Troy offered me some of his meds tonight. I must say, it's quite tempting. A lot of proffessionals who have talked to me about 'how I'm doing' have said I'll more than likely experience something as a result of being through a traumatic experience. I'm starting to think that this sleeping issue might be apart of it. I haven't had nightmares. I often go through the whole experience in my head over and over throughout the day. I'd honestly rather that than nightmares. We will see how long this lasts. I'm hoping I get tired enough that it will just go away! 

Benson and Troy are perfect cuddle buddies! (Benson looks annoyed not sure if it's about the picture or the fact that I put him in his Christmas outfit :) ) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.