a simple reason.

This will be a bit unusual for me. Back to back blog posts but I kind of feel this one is necessary.

I want to share with you my reason for this blog. Its pretty simple. I just want to help people. Having been dealt the unfortunate card of TBI and trauma to our lives I want to let people in on our reality. Our reality with a TBI may differ from others but I think we can all relate in the fact that there are times that it just simply sucks. And it's ok to express that. Im not putting blame on Troy or shaming him in any way. What I am saying is that our situation is not exactly ideal. There is no one that would agree with me more than Troy himself. Our lives can be messy and that probably holds true for any person or family, TBI or not. But, I'm here to express how I feel and my experiences in hopes that others feel open to share their stories as well. Sometimes we need people in our lives to journey with; whether we have known then ten years or ten minutes. Having a relatable friend is incredibly helpful.  Especially with sensitive situations such as this.

Judgements and opinions have come with the territory of sharing my thoughts "publicly". Let's face it, they aren't always happy thoughts. However, at the end of the day if I helped or reached only one person. I've done my job. The rest doesn't matter. I have made many dear friends through sharing my story and I wouldn't trade that for anything! I love that Troy and I have been able to journey with others and share our experiences. There is and always will be a special place in my heart for not only people with TBI's but family members too. It is no easy walk but helping each other through all stages of recovery sure makes the load a little lighter!

I will end with...There is nothing I love more in this world then my boys. I am so proud of Troy. His incredible drive to be and do his best despite his circumstances is truly incredible. There are not many people that can appreciate that the way I do. He gives his all at work and at home. We are a team and have worked extremely hard navigating this new way of life, together. I feel we have done a pretty good job thus far. We're far from perfect and that's ok. I would hate for people to buy into the very common misconception that people live "perfect" lives. I'm here to give you the good, the bad and sometimes, the ugly. This is us. This is our life. We try are hardest to be real and honest. Sometimes honesty isn't so pretty. But one thing is for sure, my honesty doesn't change my love for Troy ever. He can be a pain in the drain, so can I. That is just apart of our imperfection!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.