Slowly moving along...

Life has gotten busy for us. The majority of my time has been spent on the phone trying to get a hold of someone at Mary Free Bed that knows what they are doing. What a flipping nightmare. I'm usually pretty good about it but having Troy on my case about how "I don't try hard enough and I'm doing this on purpose" really got me irritated. I nearly got in the car and drove my butt over there and walked in to say, "I'm not leaving until I get things resolved". But let's be real, I wouldn't ever do that.

Troy is at one day a week at eight hours. I have to be careful with what I say here because Troy reads these posts and takes everything and makes it into whatever he wants to make it. I BELIEVE he is capable of more than just one day a week at eight hours, to what extent, I'm not sure. I hate the fact that the doctor told me I was in charge in front of Troy because honestly, I don't want that much control. I don't know what's best for him, the doctor should! I get that I see him and observe more than he is able to but I don't know what things to look for that are bad signs or good signs. I know that Troys twitching freaks Dr. Vandenberg out simply because he doesn't know what is causing it. Understandable. The issue is, there is really no rhyme or reason to when he twitches. It used to happen only when he got tired, now it will happen when he wakes up or is in a weird position. It makes no sense and since we have hit our deductible with insurance, I think let's send him over to a neurologist and try and get a second opinion. Obviously this twitching is not normal and I'd like to better understand what in the world is causing them. And, Lord willing, figure out if there is anything we can do to prevent or stop it. There is bound to be lasting effects of Troys injury, I get that, but let's at least get it looked at. This wil all be brought up at our next appointment with the doctor middle of June. It's great to have such a brilliant doctor on troys case but along with that comes hundreds of other people who want to be seen which makes a waiting list the length of the Great Wall of china. About a month ago there was a 180 days wait to see him. Unreal. 

As far as life goes here, we are enjoying the warmer weather. Especially Troy with his new obsession with golfing. Rain, snow, tornado or flood he is out there golfing. I used to find it annoying and honestly sometimes I still do but he could be addicted to something so much worse. 

We're lookinng forward to our next appointment for the baby in a week and have even been able to find the heartbeat a few times with our fetal heart tones monitor. It's fun to hear and eases my anxiety. I'll be 15 weeks this coming Friday and that is crazy to me. I'm not sure where the time has gone and I hope it continues quickly, we are very eager to be parents. Have been for a while. As for knowing a gender, we will find out. I have about 0 patience left in my system :) we will find out at our 20 week ultrasound which will come faster than we are expecting, I'm sure. Troy thinks he is going to have a bunch of girls, honestly that wouldn't surprise me. He is so beyond excited and it's fun to see. I often hear a giggle followed by a "guess what? We're going to have a baby!". He is going to be a great dad, maybe a little over protective but you know what? I'm all about over protecting so over protect away!!

In other big and exciting news, EMILY IS HOME! She made her way home from Spain yesterday. A big group of us went to Chicago to pick her up. We were all so excited to see her. 5 months was way to long to be away from us, and I made it very clear she was not allowed to do that again. If she does, she has to take me. It's weird seeing her now. She has been gone so long we're just used to seeing her over a phone screen or texting her. Her stay will be short, she is taking a summer course at Calvin and moving to GR tomorrow. It's hard to keep up with her, always on the move! We're so glad to have her home and look forward to be able to take her out for dinner again and have her around, or at least closer! 
Waiting, waiting, waiting...
And the cutest puppy and hubby you'll ever find! They are inseparable!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.