Love everybody, always!

I had the privilege to hear Bob Goff speak last night at Holland Christians Living Stones dinner. I haven't read his book or heard him speak before but I have heard a lot from my parents and others who have read his book. He is amazing. A person I wish to be more like. He is changing the world for Christ by loving everyone. It seems simple but we all have enemies, and honestly I don't want to love them. That's why they are my enemies. But God calls us to love no matter what; everybody, all the time. Such a huge challenge. To love those who have hurt us, abused us, taken advantage of us, or broke us. Love them anyway! 

He has loved the unlovable and shown that God does miraculous things through our love we show to others. I feel like this is the 70x7. Forgive, forgive, forgive and love no matter what. Jesus did, and a lot of people hurt and sined against him.  

Bob carried around a bucket all night and explained to us what his bucket was for. It was to help him remember to fill it up with patience. Not only that but with love for others. Whatever you fill your bucket with is what you will become. So, what do you want more of? I know I have a lot of things that I want to be; more loving and alot more patience for starters! 

Holland Christian has been participating in the "Love Does" challenge. It has sparked an interest in me for my own family to start on this challange. Do something special for someone else. As Bob would say, "find the person who creeps you out the most and love them". It's easy to do things for the people we love, it is for me at least but we need to love the least of these. What a world it would be if everyone loved everyone. By simply loving others we are showing Christ without pushing our Christian opinions on them. Everyone is allowed to have their own ideas and allowed to live life how they choose. We need to choose love no matter how they live, no matter how different their beliefs or opinions are.

I'm going to challange you as well as myself to love someone today or this week that you normally wouldn't. Step out of that comfort zone and push yourself to experience something you never have experienced before. To help create the movement of love around the whole world, starting where ever you are! 

I'm also going to challange you to buy the book "Love Does" and read it if you have the chance! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.