"You will have troubles. There will be sadness and hardship and hurt. But do not let these take over your life. Don't let them be all you think about. Learn to live above your troubles." Jesus Calling Kids

I'd like to start with, it's Troys birthday!! He has made it to 24. Yes, that is quite the accomplishment for him! We started the day bright and early golfing at Maple Hill (inside). He was on cloud nine! It makes my heart so happy when I see him happy. Seriously, nothing better! 

As some of you might know; troys was involved in a minor car accident this past week. He walked away with no bumps or bruises and very minimal damage to his truck. Thank The Lord! That was not the best phone call to get. I must say I didn't freak out as much as I thought I would have. The fact he called me and was talking to me, made me feel a weird kind of calm. Now, if the cops called, I would have freaked right out. I think I own the rights to do that now :) 
I had an off feeling that this would happen. The day before we had an incident of "not seeing" another driver. I naturally, started crying. I gave him the whole talk of "you NEED to pay attention!" I can have this conversation with him ten times over again but I can't stop the inevitable. It just makes me sick to think about the chances of another accident happening with him. I think we have been through plenty for a lifetime! 

Last Wednesday Troy went to a job with three therapists from Holland Hospital. This was a quick little "see what you do". They will put together a summary for the doctor to review. We meet with Dr Vandenberg this coming Monday. Troys pretty excited; he has his heart set on starting work on Tuesday. I'm 99% sure that won't be happening. Troy has come a long way and is doing so much better but some of his most severe deficits are the ones unseen. A brain injury is something most people overlook. On the outside, the person looks as normal as can be. You spend some time with them and you will begin to notice the things that seem a bit off. I can tell you exactly what Troy struggles with, where he needs guidance and what he should or shouldn't do without help. That comes from spending nearly 24/7 with him. 

Someday, Troy will be back to work. Dr Vandenberg is certain Troy will get back to all the activities he once did but there is not point in rushing the process. We will keep you updated with all the new information from Monday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.