Reminiscing

We had a VERY exciting morning, this morning! We were able to meet some of our most faithful prayer warriors, a great group of third graders of Mrs. DeZwaans (Aunt Chris') class. They were so excited to finally meet Troy. I would say, we were just as excited as they were to finally meet! They asked questions and talk with Troy about the accident and what his therapy consisted of. We loved how interested and excited they were about it all. Troy and I love kids so this was totally up our alley! I loved seeing their eyes light up when they talked to him. Troy had never met these kids before, but they all just loved on him like they had known him forever. In their minds, they probably feel like they have! One little girl came up to Troy and said, "Can I give you a hug?" It was so sweet! Troy has become an incredible hero and a perfect example of answered prayers to so many, including these kids! He still will say, "I'm nothing special" but I would beg to differ. Troy is very special, not only to me but to a lot of people. He has shown amazing strength and confidence through something no one would want to go through. I still can't even wrap my head around how great of a guy I married. I chose well! 
Troy and I with Mrs. DeZwaans third grade class! They still participate in 'Team Troy Fridays!' :)

One of my favorite verses through our journey has been Mark 11:24, "Therefore I tell you whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." This verse should be posted everywhere as a constant reminder. Prayer is a very powerful thing. Troy, as a great example. Anything is possible with Jesus. I remember my Grandma Koops telling me something similar after Troys accident, that anything was possible with God, nothing is too big/small or too complicated so let him have it, pray BIG and BOLD! In fact, Jesus wants us to pray big and bold, it shows that we trust in His works. Everyone is capable of praying this way. No one is too broken, too sinful too young or too old, too poor or too undeserving. Jesus loves all of His children, He will always listen!

When Troy was in his accident I felt very overwhelmed with anger. If my God loved me so much, why does he let terrible things happen? I felt like a horrible person being angry with God. As time passed, things started falling into place, things started making sense. God puts blinders on us for a reason. We don't need to see the whole picture. He's got it all taken care of. He provides what we need to make it through each day. Good or bad. It's our job to trust and keep in communication with Him through it all. Troy often talks about things he is worried about. For an example, what if he never gets his balance back or what if his brain doesn't heal completely, what if, what if. I remind him constantly that Gods plan is better than ours. We will figure it out as we go because He gives us everything we need to make it work. Jesus does not promise us a perfect, problem free life. Those imperfections are the things we learn from, it's what makes us better people. Looking back, God understood my anger. He was sitting back whispering, "Be patient and watch me work" It's not easy to see the good in bad situations but when you give God the control and the time to do His work, the weight quickly falls off your shoulders and gives you the most overwhelming feeling of peace and understanding. It's so much easier to start seeing the good when God is in control! 

In light of all these answered prayers, I would like to share a picture of one of Troys "firsts" after his coma. How far he has come so quickly is only something God is capable of! 
 Troys first time sitting up. He was unable to hold his head up on his own. It took three therapists to get him sitting in bed. He couldn't stay awake and needed constant supervision as he was in the restless phase. Truly the most exhausting phase of them all! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.