If God is for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:31
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

One of my many favorite verses. I was reminded in church this morning of how God sacrificed his son for all of us; sinners, so unworthy. The amount of love God has for us far exceeds any love we could ever comprehend here on earth. If God, the one who loves us more than words can describe, is for us, then no one can be against us. Remembering that God is always on our side is difficult at times. Tragedies come and it's hard to believe that there is any hope past that day. There is. When God is doing His work he needs to make for bad times, bad times always make the good times so much better. We appreciate the small things and learn to love the silly flaws. I can say whole heartedly the love I have for Troy now is far more than I could have imagined it to ever be. There are many days where I am running on little sleep and Troy needs more help than usual. I find myself frustrated for only a moment to then realize how good I have it. Not only did I sign up for "in sickness and in health and for better or for worse" but the love God shows to me should be the same love I should strive to show my husband each day no matter what.

There was a quote in Mary Free Bed that I will never forget. It said, "Keep going, each tomorrow will be better than the last." Isn't that the truth! Especially in Troys case. He claims his middle name is "careful". (It's most defiantly NOT) I think we need to work on his middle name being PATIENT. A brain injury is not something healed fully after a cast or rest for however many weeks. It takes time. Time and patience are not Troys forte. He is always go, go, go. Needing to do things, help people and ready for the next thing. I said earlier that I thought he was finally understanding what his limits are. Now, I thinking he is pretty down about not being able to do those things, therefore, doesn't talk about it. I feel bad, he hates that I have to do things for him and I'm constantly on him about making good judgement calls. For the most part he does great. I can't tell you how many times a day I hear, "I'm going to be better soon, I am. Like the end of next month," I always smile and say, "Sounds good to me!" I have seen that anything is possible! So many people; Doctors, Nurses, etc. have told us. A year, that's how long it takes for a brain injury to heal or to recover as much as it will. A year, in the whole scheme of things, is nothing. I'm so glad he still has that positive attitude behind all his frustrations! 

The last argument we had before Troys accident was about having family pictures taken. (Yes, please laugh. It's that ridiculous.) He had told me that if I scheduled pictures he wasn't going to be in them. Well, yesterday we had our neighbor, Sheri Palmbos, come a take a few pictures for us for our Christmas card. Troy didn't have much of a choice this time :) I'm so excited to get them back and be able to share our Christmas card with everyone. She snuck a teaser on Facebook last night so I have to post! She did a great job, even dealing with our naughty pooch, Benson! 
Photo Credit: Sheri Palmbos Photography

Comments

  1. Steve and I use to have that argument too! After Brooke's issues, I said, I earned EVERY picture. You earned them too! Yearly pictures from here on out! Enjoy!!! You're both amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

finding joy.

balance.